Tuesday, December 4, 2012

TWO SIDES OF THE STORY .........MY SIDE AND YOUR SIDE

Today I would like to share a true story with everyone........... A doctor/ surgeon came running to the operation theatre at the door he was met by the extremely upset, kind of angry father of the patient . "Doc you took such a long time to get here , what if something happened to my son ", said the father . " Sir I had to deal with something very important , I came as fast as I could " replied the doctor . He went in and did the 5 hr surgery . He was eventually able to save the life of the young guy. After the surgery he came out and said to the father " your son" s life is out of danger ; the surgery went very well! Now I have to go , the nurse will give you further details " . He left and the nurse came in the father was very happy for his son yet very angry at the doctor ; he complained to the nurse about the " attitude " of the doctor . " He is one of our finest surgeons , he was off today just came for your son" s surgery ; regarding the attitude his son died two days back he and his family is extremely disturbed " replied the nurse . The father started to cry after listening to the nurse" s reply . " Oh my God what have I done , why was I so rude to the poor guy, why ? why ?"
The motto of the story " there are always two sides to the story , never be judgmental , don't react immediately give the benefit of doubt to others ; most of the time we don't know what the other person is thinking"!!

No comments:

Post a Comment