Wednesday, February 6, 2013

my Detroit Story

It was a surreal feeling to read my name,my husbands and our parents in the first Dream House restored by ICAN and NN in the city of Detroit . I moved to Detroit two decades ago, my husband was a fellow at DMC Harper Hospital that time , I myself enrolled in Wayne State University ; studied art history for two semesters . Enjoyed walks to DIA from the art building and made new friends in the campus. We attended the memorable Lata Mangeshkar concert at Fox theatre in 1995. We enjoyed dinning at TJ" s , Whitney's and Mario's . It was fun watching the Macy" s Thanksgiving Day Parade in November, checking out cars at the Auto Show and enjoying Arts Beats and Eats in summer. I have some beautiful memories of this beautiful city like visiting Belle Isle, Greek Toen , Mexican Town and travelling to Canada via the Detroit / Windsor Tunnel.
Today I was so happy to give back to this beautiful city my first home in United States .
DREAM : Detroit Revival Engaging American Muslims
This is my immigrant story, my Detroit story !!

No comments:

Post a Comment