Friday, August 30, 2013

Mummy" s Girl

MUMMY" S GIRL.......... It's 4:00 am in the morning and I am sitting in the most " messiest" yet the most beautiful pink and purple room of my older daughter Allana . I am not a very emotional person but today I have tears in my eyes and I am sitting on Allana"s bed thinking where did time go ? It's been two days since we dropped her at college yet it seems as if it was two days back when she was born my tiny baby with big black eyes and the most beautiful smile ........she came to this world on a bright Sunday morning on Mothers Day in may.When I looked at her I thought how will I raise her into a confident , smart , hardworking woman ........and most importantly how will I cut her tiny nails ?? I did teach her to walk, talk , sang her ABCs with her , watched Barney and Little Bear , played Barbie ........she made me proud when she was the only kid in preschool who did not cry on the first day of school . Allana had been my shopping buddy and my worst critic she has always helped me buy clothes , shoes and has been very blunt in giving advices " Mummy you have gained weight , wear dark colors"........I remember walking with her in the backyard and playing " four squares" ........It has been my pleasure to sign her report cards with all straight A s and hear great things about her from her teachers ........she was my best buddy when her dad was busy at work ........she helped me with taking care of her brother and sister , at 4 years she was the youngest baby sitter who said " Mummy take a nap on the couch for few minutes I will keep an eye on Bhai "....... She has always enjoyed my cooking yet asked " Mummy what will happen if they stopped making Shaan Masalas " .........I taught her how to drive yet I was more nervous than her when we were sitting in the car .........Once a friend asked her why don't you like medicine like your dad " I like to write like my mom " she replied .....yet she enjoyed finding grammatical mistakes in my blogs " Mummy you are better than 90% Desis but you do have a slight accent but thank God you don't smell like curry ".........it was tough to raise a teenager when I asked why don't you show your temper tantrums to your dad or anyone else , she replied " because I love you the most ".........she taught me how to text , informed me about latest music and we watched Grey" s Anatomy and Bollywood movies together ....... Today sitting in her room this early in the morning I am not sad ......I am happy that I have raised a smart and confident young lady who will inshallah make me and her dad proud of her ..........I do miss her but I am happy that she has selected a college which is only 45 minutes away and where we can still get together for lunch and we will be able to see her on weekends .......unlike me and my brother who came thousands of miles away from our mom. I was very young myself when I gave birth to Allana ........I think its not only her but both of us have learned so much together ........she has transformed into a intelligent , smart young college Freshman ........and me her Mummy into a confident , immigrant woman who is well adjusted in this country and this culture and thank God she does not smell of curry ........ For all those memories , for all the love and for many more good times to come I thank you my baby..... Mummy " s baby .......love you may God always protect you .....

No comments:

Post a Comment